A R Rehman, Slumdog Millionaire


The Indian music legend A.R. Rehman bagged 2 Oscar awards on 81st academy award presentation. This was a great moment for me, morning immediately after I woke up; I switched on star movies and was waiting to see this 81st academy presentation. I always used to watch this every year, but this year I was more excited to see because AR Rehman was nominated for Slumdog Millionaire. It was long time ago Satyajit Ray, who was given this award for honoring him and not for any performance. But this time I was really curious to see because first time Indians are nominated for the performance for original song, original score and for sound mixing. The program was initially started by Will smith who was announcing the names of the nominees and followed different others. And my long awaited awards started coming for Slumdog Millionaire. 

The first Indian who was announced was Resul Pookutty along with Ian Tapp, Richard Pryke for their achievement in Sound Mixing. I was very curious if he get the award, after announcing the nominees, there was a small gap and then they announced the Award goes to “Slumdog Millionaire”. I was so happy to hear this. Later they have announced the names for the nominees for Original score, I was very sure that AR would make through and as I hoped AR Rehman got the award. Later for original song, again his name was nominated.  This time too, again he was selected for his performance for the Jai ho song.  Now, I think every Indian dreams would have come true. This was the happiest moment for any Indian and I wish all the great success for ARR to go beyond this and reach the skies.  

All the credit goes for the producer and others who choose AR Rehman and giving him an opportunity in this movie.  As Rehman said, let all the credit and heights go to the God. 
Good Luck Rehman for you and your family. 



0 comments:

About this blog

The text and images of this site is owned by myself, without any prior notice the content should not be misused in anyother site.

Content Administrator - arul.kadirvel@gmail.com